Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies Application Specialist Training
Who should attend the Application Specialist Training?
Assembly Operators, Quality Controllers, Inspection Personnel and others responsible for the quality and reliability of Cable/Wire Assemblies
Application Specialist Certification
The IPC/WHMA-A-620 Application Specialist course is modularised. Training on the entire syllabus is not required however, the following modules are mandatory:
- Module 1 – Policies and Procedures, Forward, Preparation, Cable Assemblies and Wires, Testing
- Module 2 – Crimp Terminations, Insulation Displacement Connections
- Module 3 – Soldered Terminals
- Module 4 – Connectorization, Molding/Potting
- Module 5 – Splices
- Module 6 – Marking & Labeling, Wire Bundle Securing, Shielding Cable/Wire Harness Protective Coverings
- Module 7 – Coaxial & Twinaxial Cable Assemblies
- Module 8 – Solderless Wrap
Any additional modules can be taken at any time in the two year period but will expire at the same time as your mandatory modules
Everyone who successfully completes the IPC-A-620 Application Specialist Training and examination will receive the IPC-A-620 Application Specialist Certificate. This certificate is valid for 2 years after the course completion date of your mandatory module.
4 Days if all modules are required. Otherwise duration varies according to the number of modules required.