Who should become a Certified Trainer?
Any person who is responsible for quality and reliability of electronic assemblies :- i.e. quality supervisors and engineering manufacturing supervisors with assembly responsibilities would all make excellent candidates for training.
Training Course Topics
- Role and responsibilities of trainers
- Handling electronic assemblies
- Criteria for hardware installation – threaded fasteners, connector pins
- Soldering requirements for terminals and plated through holes, including lead free
- Surface mounted criteria for chip components, cylindrical components, leadless chip carriers, leaded components and ball grid arrays
- Requirements for component damage
- Criteria for laminate conditions, cleanliness and coatings
- Acceptance criteria for solderless wrap requirements and jumper wires
- Requirements for high voltage applications
- Using the lesson plan and materials effectively, and a review of training skills
On successful completion of the examination the candidate will receive the IPC-A-610 Trainer Certificate. This certificate is valid for 2 years after the course completion date. The Candidate will also receive all the necessary training materials to carry out the Application Specialist courses.
This will include the following:
- A CD-ROM which illustrates every aspect of the IPC-A-610 training and documented information
- An instructor guide – this will provide complete directions for the Application Specialist training and test
- The IPC-A-610 “Acceptability of Electronics Assemblies”
- The IPC-T-50 “Terms and Definitions”
- The Application Specialist test and evaluation forms
Application Specialist training materials, and certificates can only be purchased by IPC-A-610 Trainers.
Our current training schedule can be viewed by clicking here or from our main menu above.
Re-certification course dates can be viewed by clicking here.