Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
Who should attend the Application Specialist Training?
This certification and training programme is designed for maintenance technicians, operators, process engineers, quality managers and anyone responsible for the quality and reliability of electronic assemblies.
Application Specialist Certification
The IPC-A-610 Application Specialist course is modularised. Training on the entire syllabus is not required, however, the following Modules are mandatory:
- Module 1 – Introduction/IPC Professional Policies and Procedures
- Module 2 – Foreword, Applicable Documents & Handling
- Module 3 – Hardware Installation
- Module 4 – Soldering (including High Voltage)
- Module 5 – Terminal Connections
- Module 6 – Through-Hole Technology (including Jumper Wires)
- Module 7 – Surface Mount Assemblies (including Jumper Wires)
- Module 8 – Component Damage and Printed Circuit Boards and Assemblies
- Module 9 – Solderless Wire Wrap
To attain certification, some of the above modules must be combined, i.e. If module 6 is required, then modules 4 and 8 must also be completed.
Any additional modules can be taken at any time in the two year period but will expire at the same time as your mandatory modules
Everyone who successfully completes the IPC-A-610 Application Specialist Training and examination will receive the IPC-A-610 Application Specialist Certificate. This certificate is valid for 2 years after the course completion date of your mandatory module.
3 days if all modules are required. Otherwise duration varies according to the number of modules required.
Our current training schedule can be viewed by clicking here or form our main menu above.