Rework, Modification and Repair of Electronic Assemblies
Who should attend the Application Specialist Training?
Process Engineers, Rework Operators, Production Staff, Quality Controllers
Application Specialist Certification
The IPC-7711/7721 Application Specialist course is modularised. Training on the entire syllabus is not required however, the following modules are mandatory:
- Module 1 – General Knowledge
- Module 2 – Wire Splicing
- Module 3 – Through-Hole Components Removal & Replacement
- Module 4 – Chip and MELF Component Removal/Replacement
- Module 5 – Gull Wing Removal/Replacement
- Module 6 – J-Leaded Components
- Module 7 – Printed Wiring Circuit Repair
- Module 8 – Laminate Repair
- Module 9 – Coating Materials Conformal Coatings
Any additional modules can be taken at any time in the two year period but will expire at the same time as your mandatory modules
Candidates will carry out practical rework and repair techniques to an acceptable level on example Printed Circuit Boards.
Everyone who successfully completes the IPC-7711/7721 Application Specialist Training and examination will receive the IPC-7711/7721 Application Specialist Certificate. This certificate is valid for 2 years after the course completion date of your mandatory module.
4 days if all modules are required. Otherwise duration varies according to the number of modules required.
Our current training schedule can be viewed by clicking here